5 Natural Cures For That Pesky Lagging Libido For Men
By Jennifer Elizabeth Masters
As we age, our hormone production decreases. Women experience menopause (interestingly called “MENopause”). Men also experience a change of life and a reduction in testosterone production. There are other reasons for a drop in
the male libido. It could signify that there is a bigger underlying problem. Noticing a drop in hormone production if age is not a factor, could help you discover something else that is going on inside of you.
There are many reasons why sex becomes secondary to our lives. Read on to find out the possible explanations for these issues:
- Depression. When our brain is not functioning properly, other chemical imbalances are present. Taking anti-depressants can contribute to erectile dysfunction and a drop in libido. Depression could be caused by a break-up, illness, life-change, job loss, income reduction or other emotional challenges. Depression happens when things are not going right in our lives.
- Problems within your relationship. When we are at odds with our partners, our sexual desire can be affected. Good communication about problems helps to diffuse misunderstandings.
- Too much alcohol. Alcohol is a depressant. The sugar in it can gum up the urethra, which is never a good thing. Alcohol also increases estrogen in the body. Too much estrogen in the male body is not good. Testosterone needs to be the dominant hormone in men.
- Too much stress. Stress affects brain function. It reduces the feel good hormones and can even cause aches and pains. Stress increases cortisol in the body which in turn adversely affects testosterone production. It is difficult to become aroused when you are worried or concerned about your life and just getting through your day.
- Medications for high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and depression will lower libido. Consult a doctor before you stop taking any prescribed medication.
Natural Cures For Low Libido
- Having a daily spiritual practice can help overcome depression. Meditation is an easy way to improve mood and even physical vibrancy through just 20 – 30 minutes a day. (Yes, meditation, prayer and gratitude can all help with depression.)
- Eating a healthy balanced diet, with foods like asparagus, pomegranate, watermelon, bananas, chocolate, eggs, oysters, hot chili peppers can all naturally boost libido.
- Exercise regularly to boost blood flow to the penis and the rest of the body. It reduces stress and improves your mood with the release of feel good hormones.
- Private coaching. Having someone to talk to that is compassionate can also help you feel valued, loved and accepted. A coach can help you work through relationship or personal issues that may be causing the depression or sexual issues as well.
- Reduce alcohol. The benefits of reducing alcohol are many. Your depression will be reduced immediately. The estrogen created in the body from alcohol will be eliminated. You will begin to feel a greater sense of well-being by eliminating alcohol altogether.
Supplements And Herbs To Improve Libido For Men
Steel libido – Gaia
Ginkgo Biloba (helps reduce the effects of anti-depressant meds)
Tribulus terrestris (helps the body produce HGH)
Read Orgasm For Life. If it does not turn you on, it’s time for an EKG! It give you new ideas, powerful wisdom and great concepts for improving all areas of your relationship.
Jennifer Elizabeth Masters is a life, love and sex coach. She empowers women and men, to live positive life affirming lives of happiness and harmony. If you have peace and harmony inside, you will have peace and harmony outside. You can contact Jennifer for a private session FREE at JenniferElizabethMasters@gmail.com